SALSA has partnered with The Multi-Assistance Center (The MAC) at Morgan’s Wonderland to hold The MAC Advice Clinic.
This is a first-come, first-served walk-in clinic for low-income MAC Members. If you’re interested in becoming a MAC Member, you can get more information here: https://morganswonderlandmac.com/.
Income qualifications are required in order to participate in The MAC Advice Clinic. If MAC Members qualify for SALSA’s services, they’ll be paired with a volunteer attorney to receive legal advice about:
- Public Benefits
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- Family Law**
**We have volunteer family law attorneys available on the first Wednesday of every month for Family Law Day.
How to Become a MAC Member:
The Multi-Assistance Center is not currently accepting new members, but you are able to complete an interest form at https://forms.microsoft.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=fRTc6aVrg0iuhtEAEUbuadipdStY_TBKvjk4ZR_ScnNURVBUNkdPVUxNTEtMVU83Q0g4VEI0WDROQy4u and you will be contacted by the MAC when they are ready to accept new members.
Bexar County Probate Courts:
Bexar County – County Clerk:
- Probate Division: https://www.bexar.org/3396/Probate-Division
- Website: https://www.bexar.org/2946/County-Clerk
Social Security Administration:
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Contact Us: https://www.ssa.gov/agency/contact/
- Online Services: https://www.ssa.gov/onlineservices/
- My Social Security: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/
Texas Law Help:
- Social Security, SSDI, & SSI: https://texaslawhelp.org/article/social-security-ssdi-and-ssi
- Social Security Basics: https://texaslawhelp.org/article/social-security-basics
- Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits: https://texaslawhelp.org/article/social-security-disability-insurance-benefits
- Guardianship: https://texaslawhelp.org/article/guardianship
- I am looking for an alternative to guardianship: https://texaslawhelp.org/guide/i-am-looking-for-an-alternative-to-guardianship
- Guardianship Guide: https://texaslawhelp.org/article/guardianship-guide
- Powers of Attorney: https://texaslawhelp.org/article/powers-of-attorney-information-and-answers
Need Additional Asssistance?
Other Non-Profits in San Antonio and Surrounding Areas who provide free or low-bono legal services for qualifying clients:
Texas RioGrande Legal Aid (TRLA)
- (956) 996-8752
- Practice Areas: Community Preservation & Empowerment, Economic & Social Justice, Domestic Violence & Family Law, Housing, Immigration, Labor & Employment, Public Benefits
Caritas Legal Services of Catholic Charities
- (210) 433-3256
- Practice Areas: Guardianship, Wills, Property Deeds, Financial Wellness and Care, Immigration
Disability Rights Texas – Serving those with disabilities
- 1 (800) 252-9108
- Priority Areas of Service: Accessibility, Community Living, Disaster Preparedness and Recovery, Education, Employment and VR Services, Healthcare, Housing, Institutional Rights and Civil Liberties, Supported Decision-Making, Transportation, Voting
If you seek legal assistance with any attorney for help regarding guardianships, you’ll want to ensure they have their guardianship certification. The State Bar of Texas has a list of attorneys in Texas who have their guardianship certification. You can use the following link to search for attorneys by county: https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Course_Search&Template=/CustomSource/mcle/search/guardianship.cfm.
You can select the appropriate county from the drop-down menu just above the search button, or search for a specific attorney by filling out the attorney’s information in the available fields.
Beyond this, if you are still seeking legal assistance, you are welcome to contact the San Antonio Bar Association’s (SABA’s) Lawyer Referral Service. SABA has a host of attorneys in all practice areas who may be able to help. Their website is: https://sanantoniobar.org/?pg=need-a-lawyer.