How to Access Our Services
SALSA is at Haven for Hope, every Wednesday from 2–4PM, to assist qualifying applicants with housing and tenants’ rights legal issues, including evictions and eviction appeals, disability accommodations, lockouts, repairs, security deposits, utilities, and expunctions.
SALSA has offices at the John L. Santikos Center on the Haven for Hope Campus. The John L. Santikos Center is located at 1231 W. Martin, San Antonio, Texas 78207.
No appointment is needed to speak with a SALSA attorney at the Haven for Hope Legal Assistance Clinic. You do not have to be a Haven for Hope client. Individuals will be assisted on a first come, first served basis.
What to Bring with You
For all matters, please bring documents related to your legal issue. Originals are not necessary.
If you are seeking legal assistance regarding an expunction, and the offense(s) occurred in Bexar County, please obtain a copy of your criminal history from the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office. For more information on how to get a copy of your criminal history, please visit the Bexar County Sheriff’s Website.
For tenants’ rights legal issues, you can also contact St. Mary’s University School of Law, Center for Legal and Social Justice (CLSJ) Housing Hotline at (210) 570-6135.
Where to Find Resources for Self-Help
- Understanding the Eviction Process
- TexasLawHelp.org provides information on a variety of different legal issues including self-help guides and guided forms.
- SALSA repair/remedy toolkit and instructional video (pending)
- Texas Legal Services Center (TLSC) Legal Hotline: (800) 622-2520
- M-F, 8:30AM–5PM (except holidays)
- TLSC’s Legal Hotline provides counsel and advice on legal matters to Texans who are over the age of 60 or who are Medicare beneficiaries.
- San Antonio Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral Service
- Free referral service providing referrals to San Antonio attorneys for hire. Apply online.
- State Bar of Texas Lawyer Referral Services: (800) 252-9690
- M–F, 8:30AM–4:30PM
- Free referral service providing referrals to attorneys for hire in your county. Lawyers participating in this referral service charge you no more than $20 for an initial 30-minute consultation.