SALSA’s Deed Help Desk Advice Clinic is a first-come, first-served, walk-in clinic for low-income communities. Income qualifications are required. If you qualify for SALSA’s services, you’ll be paired with a volunteer attorney to receive legal advice about deed and county records questions and issues. The Bexar County County Clerk’s Office will be on site at the clinic to accept any documents ready for filing.

  • Volunteer attorneys can answer basic questions about deeds and county records. For example:
  • How do I change the name on my deed?
  • How do I add a name?
  • How do I take off a name?
  • How do I transfer my parent’s deed to my name?
  • Someone filed a fraudulent deed on my property, what do I do?
  • After probating an estate, what needs to be filed here to change the deed?
  • How do I put my property under an LLC?
  • If a family member passes away, how do I remove their name from the deed?
  • Someone filed a fraudulent lien on my property, how do I remove it?
  • What form do I need to file to remove my ex from my deed? How do I get a new deed with just my name?

Clinic Details:


4th Tuesday of Every Month

  • 08/22/2023
  • 09/26/2023
  • 10/24/2023
  • 11/28/2023

1:00 pm until 3:00 pm


Bexar County Archives Building, 126 E. Nueva, San Antonio, Texas 78204

What to Bring:

All documentation related to deed questions/issues.

Helpful Resources:

Bexar County – County Clerk:
• Website:
• Real Property/Land Records:
• Official Records Search:
• Real Property Recording Fees:

Texas Law Help:
• Property Deed Basics:
• Understanding the General Warranty Deed:
• Shared Ownership of Real Property in Texas:
• Divorce & Real Estate:
• Dividing Your Property & Debt in Divorce:

Need Additional Assistance?

Other Non-Profits in San Antonio and Surrounding Areas who provide free or low-bono legal services for qualifying clients:

Texas RioGrande Legal Aid (TRLA)

  • (956) 996-8752
  • Practice Areas: Community Preservation & Empowerment, Economic & Social Justice, Domestic Violence & Family Law, Housing, Immigration, Labor & Employment, Public Benefits

Caritas Legal Services of Catholic Charities

Beyond this, if you are still seeking legal assistance, you are welcome to contact the San Antonio Bar Association’s (SABA’s) Lawyer Referral Service. SABA has a host of attorneys in all practice areas who may be able to help. Their website is:

Sign up for our newsletter

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.