SALSA’s Powers of Attorney Clinic is a clinic for low-income communities. Income qualifications are required. Currently, SALSA only takes referrals from partner organizations for Powers of Attorney Clinic clients. If you are referred to SALSA from one of our partner organizations, and you qualify for SALSA’s services, then you’ll be paired with a volunteer attorney to prepare and execute Statutory Durable and Medical Powers of Attorney.
Relevant Partner Organizations:
San Antonio Black Lawyers Association: https://www.sabla.org/
Texas Law Help:
- Powers of Attorney: https://texaslawhelp.org/article/powers-of-attorney-information-and-answers
- Powers of Attorney Fact Sheet: https://texaslawhelp.org/article/powers-of-attorney-fact-sheet
- Medical Power of Attorney: https://texaslawhelp.org/article/medical-power-of-attorney-information-and-answers-to-common-questions
- Durable Powers of Attorney in Texas: https://texaslawhelp.org/article/durable-powers-of-attorney-in-texas
Texas RioGrande Legal Aid:
- Disability or Incapacity: https://www.trla.org/disability-or-incapacity-documents-wills-medical-directives-poa-and-other-estate-planning-needs
Need Additional Assistance?
Other Non-Profits in San Antonio and Surrounding Areas who provide free or low-bono legal services for qualifying clients:
Texas RioGrande Legal Aid (TRLA)
- (956) 996-8752
- Practice Areas: Community Preservation & Empowerment, Economic & Social Justice, Domestic Violence & Family Law, Housing, Immigration, Labor & Employment, Public Benefits
Caritas Legal Services of Catholic Charities
- (210) 433-3256
- Practice Areas: Guardianship, Wills, Property Deeds, Financial Wellness and Care, Immigration
Beyond this, if you are still seeking legal assistance, you are welcome to contact the San Antonio Bar Association’s (SABA’s) Lawyer Referral Service. SABA has a host of attorneys in all practice areas who may be able to help. Their website is: https://sanantoniobar.org/?pg=need-a-lawyer.